Breast Augmentation Surgery in Faridabad
The desire to look beautiful is a universal phenomenon across all civilizations and times. Beautiful breasts are equated to femininity and most desired. There is no consensus regarding attributes of ideal breast, but full breast proportionate to one’s body which is appropriately positioned is perceived as beautiful by most. All may not be lucky enough to possess them naturally.
Breast augmentation popularly called the “boob job” is the procedure with the most gratifying results for women who are not happy with the size of their breasts. They suffer huge psychological distress because of this insecurity and desire an increase in volume. Unquestionably, breast augmentation is one of the most commonly performed aesthetic procedures across the world.
What is breast augmentation surgery?
Breast augmentation is the surgical procedure to increase the size of the breast to enhance its appearance. In the majority of the cases, it is done using the filler prosthesis called the breast implants. Breast implants are round or teardrop-shaped to mimic the shape of the breast. The common breast implants are saline-filled implants with an elastomer silicone shell. These breast implants have smooth or textured surfaces, they are soft to touch, and feel very much like the natural breast.
The breast implants are positioned beneath the native breast gland or the chest muscle through small incisions placed in hidden areas. The scars are not visible when viewed from the front or profile.
Ideal Candidates for breast augmentation surgery
1. SMALL BREASTS
Women with small breasts which they feel is not proportionate to the body frame, or women with normal-sized breast who desire to get it enlarged for cosmetic purposes are the ones best benefited by breast augmentation.
2. ASYMMETRICAL BREAST
Some women may have one of the breasts underdeveloped leading to gross asymmetry which can be corrected by breast augmentation.
3. PTOTIC BREAST
Breasts undergo several changes in shape and size under the influence of hormones during pregnancy and lactation. So is the case after massive weight loss. These life events leave behind sagging breasts much to the vexation of most females. Breast augmentation in isolation can correct the sagging and improve the appearance of the breasts. Some women may require mastopexy in addition to breast augmentation.
- Women who are zealous to enhance the appearance of their breasts and have realistic expectations are the ideal candidates for surgery.
- They should understand the surgical journey and the limitations of the procedure.
- Hypertension and /or diabetic patients should be well controlled.
- Smokers should be willing to quit smoking during the perioperative period.
Steps involved in breast augmentation surgery with implants:
- During physical consultation at the Beauty and The Cut, the clients express their concerns and their suppositions are addressed. Being a female surgeon they would find it easy to confide in Dr. Kiranmayi and freely communicate with her.
- A detailed examination would be done with measurements of the breast taken.
- The type of implant – round or anatomical, the size of the implant, and the volume would be then agreed upon. The anticipated results would be explained.
- On the day of the surgery, general anesthesia is administered to make the procedure comfortable for the patient.
- Markings are done and pockets are created.
- Implants are placed beneath the beasts through incisions below the breasts in a hidden location.
- Absorbable sutures are used to close the incisions.
- It is a daycare procedure and patients are discharged on the same day.
- The results of implant breast augmentation can be appreciated in the operating room itself.
- Post-surgery recovery the patient is advised to wear a supportive bra and restrict shoulder movements for around a week.
LIPOINJECTION or BREAST FAT GRAFTING
Patients unwilling to have an artificial substance placed inside their body can have their breasts augmented alternatively by fat grafting of their breasts.
In this procedure, fat is injected into the breast at specific sites to increase the size of the breast.
Fat is harvested from the same individual by liposuction and processed before injection. It gives the dual advantage of removing unwanted fat from regions of the body, usually the abdomen or thighs by liposuction and providing fat graft for the breast. This procedure gives a modest increase in the volume of the breast as there is a limit to the amount of fat that can be injected in one stage.
Sometimes more than one session may be required to produce the desired result.
Choose the right surgeon for breast augmentation surgery
Breast augmentation surgery done by an expert surgeon gives the most impressive results which are naturally appearing fuller breasts. The cleavage is enhanced. The implants are neither visible nor palpable. Also, when performed by an experienced surgeon one can rest assured of their safety as the surgeon would know how to cancel out any complications.
Important things to know about breast augmentation surgery
- It is true that most women opt for breast augmentation in their 30s but younger females can also opt for these procedures as they result in breast so natural to look and to feel.
- Breastfeeding is still possible after both types of surgery.
- Breast augmentation improves the physical appearance that inflates the body image.
- Women experience a boost in confidence levels and self-esteem. Sexual function is also enhanced.
FAQs about breast augmentation surgery
Q.1 What would having a breast implant feel like?
Ans. A breast implant that is appropriately sized and positioned makes so much improvement in the natural appearance of the breast to make the beholder satisfied and exulted.
Q.2 Is breastfeeding possible after breast augmentation?
Ans. Yes, breastfeeding is possible after augmentation as the anatomy of the breast is not disrupted.
Q.3 How risky is breast augmentation surgery?
Ans. Breast augmentation is a safe procedure done in expert hands. It has the usual risks of general anesthesia and any other major surgery. The risks increase with the presence of comorbid illness and certain lifestyle habits like smoking.
Q.4 How long does the breast implant last?
Ans. Breast implants have a long life and last about 10 years.
Q.5 How to decide upon the size of implant to be used for breast augmentation?
Ans. During consultation with the expert surgeon the chest wall is assessed and a few measurements are taken. Based on these, recommendations are made regarding the size. The client’s expectations are also discussed regarding the implant profile and volume. Final sizes are accordingly decided upon.
Q.6 What are the risks of having breast implants for a long time?
Ans. Implant infection, implant failure, and capsular contracture are the risks of having breast implants. There is a very small risk (1 in 50-70,000) of Anaplastic Large Cell Lymphoma (ALCL) in individuals with breast implants.
Q.7 Will breast implants interfere with sexual function?
Ans. No, breast implants do not interfere rather enhance sexual function.
Q.8 What is the recovery time after breast augmentation?
Ans. Patients may experience mild tightness of the chest for a few days postoperatively. The pain of the surgical wound settles down in 2-3 days. They may return to work in a week or 10 days.
Q.9 Will there be visible scars on the breast after a breast augmentation surgery?
Ans. Scars are strategically located in hidden areas and not visible on the breast.
Q.10 When will the results of breast augmentation be apparent?
Ans. Fullness and the increased volume after implant augmentation of the breast are appreciated immediately post-surgery. It takes a few weeks for implants to settle down in a new lower position.
Q.11 Does breast augmentation increase the risk of breast cancer?
Ans. Breast augmentation does not increase the risk of breast cancer. BIA-ALCL is a rare type of lymphoma associated with breast implants the risk of which ranges from one in fifty to seventy thousand based on the type of implant used.
Q.12 What is the cost of breast augmentation?
Ans. The cost of breast augmentation in Faridabad at the Beauty & The Cut, varies widely based on the procedure opted for, whether an implant is used, the type of implant used. The cost of Implant augmentation ranges from INR1.5-2 lakh.
Q. 13 Can breast augmentation be combined with other cosmetic procedures?
Ans. Yes, breast augmentation can be performed along with breast lift, liposuction, tummy tuck, fat grafting, or other facial procedures.