Best Rhinoplasty in Faridabad
Rhinoplasty called the nose job in colloquial terms is a surgery that reshapes the nose to enhance its appearance. The nose due to its central location plays a crucial role in facial aesthetics. In rhinoplasty surgery, the entire shape of the nose can be modified to make it look better and in harmony with the face. It also helps people with breathing problems due to obstructed nose by a deviated septum. It is a common cosmetic procedure both in men and women. Rhinoplasty is a technically demanding surgery undertaken only by expert cosmetic surgeon.
Reasons to opt for Rhinoplasty
People may feel unhappy about some feature of their nose because either its too big or small, bulbous at the tip or too sleek, there may be a hump or depression when viewed from the side, or the nose may be crooked or be flared when viewed from the front, the tip is pointing up or down not much to one’s liking. Sometimes all things may be in place but one may desire a strong and assertive nose. When airflow through the nose is not smooth and troubles also it needs to be addressed surgically.
The bones of the nose are the most common to be fractured during facial trauma. The external deformity caused by the fractured bones may not be visible during the time of injury due to swelling or bruising. Nasal trauma is deliberately neglected when associated with other major injuries leaving back deformities in the recovered patients. Burns, dog bites, and also human bites may deform the nose requiring reconstruction.
Types of Rhinoplasty surgery
Rhinoplasty surgery can be done by either of the following two techniques:
1. OPEN RHINOPLASTY is the preferred technique in most when major changes are required to be made in the nose. In open rhinoplasty, incisions are placed on the inside of the nose. The only visible part of the cut is about 2-3mm on the undersurface of the nose in the midline and the skin over the nose is completely raised. Open rhinoplasty exposes the entire skeletal framework of the nose and allows better assessment and access for modification of desired portions of the nose that need to be altered. After they are done the skin is redraped and stitched in place.
2. CLOSED RHINOPLASTY is the procedure of choice in a few cases. Access is limited in closed rhinoplasty as few incisions are made inside the nose, without the use of any external cuts. There is less tissue manipulation possible in closed rhinoplasty and hence the post-surgery recovery is relatively quick.
LIQUID RHINOPLASTY (Non-surgical Rhinoplasty)
In patients with minor deformities who are not willing for a major surgical procedure, some contour corrections can be brought about with the injection of FILLERS.
These are made of natural substance called Hyaluronic Acid. Hence, the treatment is very safe. The results of the injection are immediate. The only drawback is that the results are short-lasting and need to be repeated.
Ideal candidates for Rhinoplasty surgery
- Anyone who understands the importance of the nose in facial aesthetics and is keen to alter the shape of their nose for better.
- Young patients seeking the procedure should have completed facial growth.
- They should not desire an “ideal” or “perfect” nose but agree with the expert doctor upon what changes in their nose are possible, would look natural and best suit their facial features creating balance.
- They are well informed about the entire surgical process including its limitations and know what to expect from the procedure.
- Willing to quit smoking and alcohol in the preoperative period.
- Diabetic and hypertensive patients should have the conditions well controlled.
- Patients on blood thinners should be able to discontinue medications for a few days.
The Rhinoplasty journey
- The initial few consultations for patients seeking rhinoplasty before the surgery are crucial. Patients discuss their concerns and their expectations from the rhinoplasty surgery.
- Dr. Kiranmayi Atla would make a complete facial analysis, nasal examination, photographic analysis. She would then recommend on what are the best options for them and make the treatment plan.
- The patients would be instructed how to prepare themselves for the surgery.
- On the day of surgery formal consent is taken along with the facial photographs.
- The procedure would be performed under general anaesthesia as per the treatment plan. At the completion of the surgery, the nose would be packed and supported externally by a splint.
- Patients may be discharged on the same or the next morning depending on the extent of surgery.
- They would be advised the post-operative medications and appropriate instructions are given at discharge.
Nasal packs are removed after 48 hours and splints after one week of rhinoplasty. Stitch removal of the visible part of the cut is done at the same time. It takes time for the swelling to settle and for the nose to adapt to the new contours. Eighty percent swelling settles down in less than a month but the final results may take around 6-12 months to appear. Compliance with post-surgery follow-up is highly recommended for best outcomes.
The aesthetically pleasing new nose boosts confidence like no other and leaves you exulted. The aesthetic expert who is board-certified, who has good knowledge of facial anatomy, technical skills, and experience is all that’s required to make the difference. Those looking for Best Rhinoplasty in Faridabad can consult Dr. Kiranmayi Atla for the best results.
Q.1 What can rhinoplasty do to my nose?
Ans. Rhinoplasty can reduce or increase the size of the nose, change the shape of the tip or the bridge of the nose, correct a hump or crooked nose, narrow the span of the nostrils, or change the angle between lip and nose. It also helps to correct obstructed airway if any and may be combined with septoplasty to achieve the same.
Q.2 Will the scar be visible on the nose?
Ans. The only visible scars of open rhinoplasty are on the undersurface of the nose between the tip and the base of the nose which is not seen from a conversational distance when viewed from the front.
All cuts are placed inside the nose or on the creases to not be visible.
Q.3 How much does rhinoplasty cost?
Ans. The Rhinoplasty cost in Faridabad at Beauty & The Cut, plastic surgery clinic depends on the technique used, the extent of modification required, need for graft/implant, need for osteotomy, duration of the procedure. Consultation is preferred for the cost estimate. The cost ranges between INR 50,000 to 3 lakhs.
Q.4 How soon the results are seen?
Ans. Most of the swelling of the nose following surgery subsides in 2-3 weeks by the time the results become visible. Final results take 6-12 months to appear.
Q.5 What is the duration of rhinoplasty surgery?
Ans. Duration of rhinoplasty depends upon whether it is done by open or closed techniques, the extent of reshaping that needs to be made, fascial and/or cartilage grafts need to be harvested, shaped, and fixed, the need for bone reshaping. It may range from 2-5 hours.
Q.6 How painful is the rhinoplasty surgery?
Ans. Pain after rhinoplasty is not much and manageable with regular pain medication. There may be mild discomfort due to swelling and stuffiness which resolves in a few weeks.
Q.7 After how many days can one return to work after rhinoplasty?
Ans. Nasal splints are removed after one week, the time at which they are not presentable. So, at least one week off work is recommended. However, swelling and bruising associated with discomfort of the nose takes about 4 weeks to resolve.
Q. 8 How safe is rhinoplasty?
Ans. Rhinoplasty done by expert rhinoplasty surgeons like Dr. Kiranmayi Atla with an expert supporting anaesthesia team, performed in well-equipped operation theatre for administering general anaesthesia is a safe procedure.