Liposuction in Faridabad
Liposuction is a surgical procedure to remove the excess fat deposits from the body. It is basically a body contouring procedure that improves the body shape. Getting back to shape after weight gain is a tough task. When dieting and exercise don’t help, liposuction comes in handy with instant results. Persistent efforts are however required to maintain the results.
Liposuction is not a weight loss procedure!
There are a lot of misconceptions regarding the procedure. Many people who are morbidly obese and want an instant fix often enquire about liposuction. But, it is not a weight loss procedure. Rather it is a body contouring/ shaping procedure. Liposuction with other body contouring procedures can help them only after initial dramatic weight loss by bariatric surgery which helps lose 25-30 kgs.
Liposuction is primarily intended for body shaping; weight loss and inch loss are a bonus. It is not the primary procedure for weight loss.
Ideal Candidates for Liposuction
- Ideal candidates for liposuction are overweight individuals, who are not more than 30 percent of ideal body weight or the ones who have near-normal weight with isolated bulging areas of the body.
- The fat bulges are not going away even with diet and exercise and the person is keen to get rid of them. These nasty bulges could be the double chin of the neck, fat pads in the axilla, the bra rolls below the straplines, love handles around the waist, saddlebags on the outer thighs, inner thighs, excess fat deposits in arms, tummy, hips etc. Not to lose your mind over it, you can do away with them without much hassle by liposuction.
Addressing multiple concern areas at once
When the areas of concern are more than one in the torso, 360 DEGREE LIPOSUCTION is the answer. In this surgery, the entire mid-torso including the abdomen, waist, hips, and back are contoured. This can be combined with other procedures like tummy tuck, fat grafting for the perfect hourglass frame.
Preparation/ Pre-requisites for Surgery Of Liposuction in Faridabad
- In preparation for the surgery, candidates opting for the procedure should achieve their near-ideal weight, being already on an exercise and diet regime.
- They should be willing to quit smoking at least for two weeks.
- Hypertensive and diabetic patients should have their blood pressure and sugars well controlled.
Liposuction Procedure Steps
- Areas from which fat is to be eliminated are marked in standing.
- General anaesthesia is administered and the patient is put to sleep..
- After painting the body with antiseptic solution small incisions of about 3-5mm are made at strategic locations of the body so that they are best concealed.
- Liposuction fluid is injected into the target areas and the fat there is liquefied.
- Through the same cuts, blunt cannulas are passed and the fat is sucked out.
- The results of surgery are almost immediate.
- As the size of the cuts are small, the postoperative period is resumed after 2-3 days.
Types of Liposuction
Dr. Kiranmayi Atla, an expert cosmetic surgeon practicing at Beauty & The Cut uses the following techniques for surgery of liposuction in Faridabad:
1. SAL (Suction Assisted Liposuction)
In this method, liposuction is done by the conventional SAL technique which is manual. Blunt cannulas connected to a high vacuum suction machine by large bore tubing aspirate the fat from the body. It can also be done using large syringes. It is best suited to harvest soft fat in low volumes.
2. PAL (Power Assisted Liposuction)
It is a power-assisted device that works on the same principle as SAL. The only difference is that before suctioning out the fat it is emulsified by utilizing rapid vibrations and oscillations. So, it leads to faster removal of fat.
3. VASER (Vibration Amplification of Sound Energy at Resonance)
It is an ultrasonic-assisted device to break down the fat during liposuction. This is useful in areas like the back where the fat is fibrous and in patients undergoing repeat liposuction. It causes excellent skin retraction and is useful in cases where there is a large amount of excess skin in addition to fat.
4. Laser-assisted Liposuction or Laser Lipo
Laser energies have also been harnessed for liposuction. The laser liposuction technique uses the energy derived by Nd: Yag (1064nm) for lipolysis. These high-energy devices facilitate greater control and precision in achieving the desired contours.
5. Liposculpting or Hi-Definition Liposuction
It is for those who desire more than just getting rid of the bumps and achieving perfectly chiselled bodies. Struggling between work commitments and time to hit the gym, the slim fit athletic body remains a distant dream for many. Hi-definition liposuction helps those nearing the goals to reach the target line. Done using power-assisted (PAL), ultrasound-assisted VASER lipo, or Laser lipo technology, it sculpts the abdomen to give the perfect six-pack abs, and defines the contours of the chest and butt to produce the perfect desired silhouette.
Q.1 Is liposuction a major surgical procedure?
Ans. Yes, liposuction is a major surgical procedure done under general anaesthesia. Targeted liposuction is done under localised or regional anaesthesia with sedation. It is usually done as a daycare procedure and requires 3-4 hours of hospital stay post-surgery.
Q.2 Is liposuction risky?
Ans. Liposuction is a very safe procedure done in expert hands. Apart from the usual risks associated with any other surgery and anaesthesia, risks specific to this procedure are bleeding, hematoma, seroma formation, contour abnormalities. The incidence of fat embolism, venous thromboembolism is less than 0.1%. The risk increases when combined with other procedures.
Q.3 How early can one get back to work after the procedure?
Ans. Recovery after liposuction is fast and one can get back to desk jobs in just 2-3 days.
Q.4 What is the cost of liposuction in Faridabad?
Ans. Liposuction cost in Faridabad at Beauty & The Cut depends upon the areas of the body to be treated. It ranges from INR 30,000 to 3-4 lakhs.
Q.5 Can liposuction be combined with other cosmetic procedures?
Ans. Liposuction is frequently done with other body contouring procedures like fat grafting, tummy tuck, or breast procedures.
Q.6 How painful is the liposuction procedure?
Ans. Almost painless as the size of the cuts is 3-5mm.
Q.7 How much weight loss is to expect?
Ans. Not much, 3-5 kgs maximum depending on how much fat is removed. It can be more if combined with other excisional surgeries.
Q.8 How much fat can be removed?
Ans. 5-6 litres of fat can be safely removed in one stage.
Q.9 Which areas are most benefited by liposuction?
Ans. Double chin, arms, axilla, tummy, back, and thighs are best contoured by liposuction.
Q.10 Will the skin from areas where fat has been removed by liposuction sag?
Ans. Skin retracts well in younger individuals and in areas where the skin has not been damaged by prior gross fluctuations in weight. Skin retracts better when liposuction is done using VASER.
Q.11 Who is not an ideal candidate for liposuction?
• Obese patients with multiple comorbid illness.
• Those with poorly controlled diabetes or hypertension.
• Those in whom blood thinners cannot be stopped.
• Those unwilling to quit smoking.
• Those with unrealistic expectations about the way their body will be transformed after the surgery.
Q.12 Are scars of surgery visible?
Ans. No, they are tiny and placed in the creases and hidden areas of the body, hence are not visible.
Q.13 Do results take how long to appear?
Ans. Results of liposuction are seen in 3-4 weeks when all injected fluid seeps out and swelling settles down. The final result appears in 6 months to 1 year after fat remodelling.
Q.14 Will the fat come back?
Ans. Results of liposuction last longer if they stay disciplined regarding exercise and diet. Even if they do gain weight, fat doesn’t come back as much in the areas where liposuction has been done as the fat cells have been permanently removed from the area.